Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the torque call out for bbk headers for a stock 5.0 block. And are their other bolts that i can use to prevent them from backing out?

·
Registered
861 Posts
Though I don't know the specific torque ft/lbs. that you'd have to get those bolts down to... before my rebuild, I was running a set of Hooker Unequal Length Headers. Now, I tell you, no matter how much I attempted to torque those things down to spec, they'd always get pushed back out over time.

I would recommend picking up a set of ARP Header Bolts, some Thread Locker (Highest Temperature Rating), and a set of Copper Head Gaskets. Place all of those in and torque them down. It should fix the problem of your bolts backing out.

-YB

·
Registered
77 Posts
I just installed some BBK LT's this weekend and I torqued them in two stages. I worked from the inside out to 15-18 and then 20-24 pounds. I heard something similar to this somewhere and it has worked so far. For the bolts I used Stage 8 with the locking rings and haven't had a problem so far.

·
Registered
471 Posts
There is not a specific TQ rating for aftermarket header bolts... Just tighten them up, working from the inside out.

Standard bolt length is 3/4", since the BBK headers have a thick flange, use 1" long header bolts, it will help keep them from backing out.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Those Stage 8 header bolts will not back out no matter what, until you want them off. I've used those on other cars and they work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.