Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey so I'm going to purchase a mustang with 140,000 kilos on it, mostly highway driven. My question is, what is the maximum mileage most mustangs can reach if taken care of? I've heard of some Ford's (not mustangs) that can reach 350,000-400,000!

Also, seeing as how this mustang has 140,000 and is in decent shape, would it survive another 5 years before requiring any major transmission/engine overhauls if I take care of it? Also, what are usually the first things to go wrong with a mustang when they pass 200,000 miles? Or does it happen sooner even for a well maintained car?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Car are unpredictable depends on how well maintained and if serviced on time. You may get the usual little stuff but be prepared for unexpected with that its alot of miles and you don't no how last person drove her

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
I have over 200K miles on my Cobra...anything and everything attached to the engine can fail at anytime over 80K miles..A/C, pullies, rear bearings, brakes, alternators, suspension, interior parts and on and on...that is what will kill you, not the engine...the trans should go 150K or so, but the clutch and pp/tob will need replacing...
If I was you I'd spend more upfront to find a low milage car and save in the long run.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts