Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was the unfortunate victim of a hit-and-run in San Francisco last week. The guy ran me off the road and into a building!:madas: I was only in 2nd gear so I wasn't going that fast, but the angle I hit at tore up the front end and spun me around and slammed me into the building with the rear. I wasn't injured, but the car was a total loss. It sucks extra bad because of the mods I had done to the car. Springs, exhaust, tint, C&L intake, tune, and the only CDC ducktail I've seen so far. When I got back home (in North Carolina), I went straight to the dealership and low and behold, sitting there in the lot was a near clone of my car. Only difference was it had a stock spoiler. I guess I can deal with that. She looks pretty nice in my garage.:rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
454 Posts
Hopefully some of your mods could be saved. What about the C&L for instance? Damage everywhere though, that was a pretty good beating. Sorry to see that, she was a real looker.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Nasty pics Man......Sorry to hear.....But I'm glad didn't get hurt and you got it replaced.
Any news on the criminal???

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yes most definetly pull off the mods and whatever you can before the insurance company takes it. (ie everything that can be unbolted)

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Glad your ok, looks like you can save the horns anyway..

What is with these cars? are people deliberatley looking to run into them??
or cause them misey? :shocked:

·
Registered
43 Posts
JEEZ that makes me sad for you pal. Glad your O.K. though. I hope they catch that Bas**ard. Could have killed someone! Grab whatever mods you can, sell some parts on E-Bay and go get that look-alike with your insurance money. Hey, judging from the front end at least you looked like you were pretty safe considering the damage.

·
Registered
483 Posts
It was painful to look at those pictures. Sorry to hear about it. Good luck.

~mo

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Clay bar and an alignment and your good to go!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Bummer about your car! That just plain sucks...

On a side note just last Tuesday I check with my Insurance Agent (State Farm) and asked him about my Mods. He double checked with the underwriters. Bottom line. My mods are covered if:

1) I have reciepts
2) They do not remove/alter safety equipment.

And with no $$$$ Limit! I could put $10,000 rims on and they would be replaced!

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
fish, thats great to know! Thanks!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Those pictures make me want to cry :(

If that happened to my stang I would collapse on the side of the road, Loss for words

·
Registered
435 Posts
I may get flamed for this, but a car is a car. No vehicle is more important than someone's health. I'm glad to hear you're allright, and that you were able to get another. As the old saying goes "stuff" happens.

Good luck with the new ride, and I'm glad to see everything is turning out ok.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Crazy001, no one is going to flame you for that comment. That is absolutely the truth.

Stoenr, that was just wrong! LOL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts