Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a great deal on 4 Bullit rims and Tires off an 05 that are new enough the molding tips are still on them. Now comes the questions...The current rims and tires are 16" standards and I may need to transfer the the TPMS sensors form one to the other. Will the straps go up the one inch I need or do I need to purchase new straps?

I sure wish they would standardize on the stems versus the stupid straps and boxes. JOGO.

Great site, awesome people here! last Mustang was a 65 coup and now have an 07 V6 convertible, love it!

Pat

:D

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
Welcome to AFM. No the factory straps are one time use. You can get some straps from AmericanMuscle that will fit. I believe they also recommand you replace your steering stops when going bigger from 16s. I would put the wheels on and see if they hit when truning stop to stop.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
The 17" Bullitts fit fine on a V-6 Pony.Stick them and post some pics. The stock 18" Bullitts clip the calipers and some minor grinding is necessary to fit the 18" wheels.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
17's

They are the 17's. Does Ford sell replacement straps? I am trying to get the package on today. Thanks for the replies!

Pat

·
Registered
883 Posts
Pick up bands from American Muscle or pick up the whole kit with bands, sensors and programmer. I went the kit route when I mounted the bullets from my 06 on the wife's 09.

·
Registered
12,666 Posts
you might also need to pick up the synchronization tool from American Muscle as well. But if you plan on keeping just the one set of tires and not swapping them for summer/winter like i do. You should be okay w/o the sync tool

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I had an issue when the sensors were transferred to my new rims, they were not on tight and were clicking. So I just have them removed. When I start the car I just reset the message that shows on the dash and a little amber light stays on but goes out eventually after driving for about 40 minutes or so. Doesn't really bother me to have to reset the message, just push the reset button on the dash.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Is there a Discount Tire near you? They may have them in stock and much cheaper than the dealer since you want to do this in like 1 day.
Otherwise American Muscle is the way to go.
No relearn will be needed to be done when using the same sensors.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.