Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2008 gt and want to replace wheels and tires and don't to fool with tpms. Read on this forum and on toyota nation people use this trick, some say no problems other say you will have trouble with code. Don't think sensors have to spin to send out signal as my tacoma has sensor in spare, my gt does not as far as i know

·
Registered
327 Posts
Why not just install the sensors in your new wheels, they can be handy.

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
I have read a bunch of threads that the guys said it works. I was going to do it also but didn't. No they don't have to rotate.

·
Registered
412 Posts
What's the big deal with installing the sensors so your system actually works as designed? When I bought my aftermarket rims, I actually purchased an extra set of sensors so I could leave my factory rim, tire and sensor set-up intact.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
buying wheel and tire package mounted and balanced to have sensors and bands an additional $320, or buy new bands. Then, i have to have factory tires broke down plus the new tires and i loose the free mounting and balancing. Just a big pain in the ass.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I tried the tpms sensors in a pvc pipe, and yes, it works for a few minutes.
A tire store owner explained to me that the sensors have a centrifugal switch to shut down the sensor and save the battery in it. If the tire/wheel is not rotating, they shut down in a few minutes of being idle.

·
Registered
12,666 Posts
i bought new sensors and had them mountd and installd in my new rims/tires. Plus i bought the transition tool from AM and over-all it was pretty cheap and i know i have sensors in both sets so i have the peace of mind knowing my tires are good.

But i am used to looking at them all the time since my old truck used to leak 10psi every 3 days. Was a *****....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.