Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I left the car at the body shop for a week to get the bubbling paint on the hood fixed. Got in the car to bring it home and the low tire pressure light is on. Got it home and low and behold a #1 screw driver at an angle in the tread of the tire... crap! plugged the tire till I can get a new one but the light won't go off. Checked all the tires including the spare. Door says 32 psi but the 18" goodyear supercars on it say 44. I've been running the tires at 40psi with no light before. I did get a light once and filled the tires up and the light went off so I can assume the sensors are working. Disconnected the battery for a minute but didn't help.
anyone?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Well, it happens sometimes....Just Take it back to the Shop (Dealership) and ask them to recalibrate your tire sensor with their Transmitter Tool. Takes only a minute to do, and this should do the trick..!! By the way, are you sure that the 44 psi is not the max pressure number on your Goodyears ?? . I would suggest that it (normal pressure) should be around 32 psi. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I left them at 36 overnight and it straightened out. 2 new tires on the rear today. ouch!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts