1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
526 Posts
Get the TPMS sensors. You can get the training tool from them as well, or you can take the car to the dealer or a tire store to get them programmed into the car's computer.

·
Registered
203 Posts
with the 2011 tpms you can reuse the oem sensor! i diddnt even bother to install them,100bucks is not worth it, just to tell you when your pressure gets low! i check my pressure old school style:shiny:

the aftermarket works fine too! the dealer can reprogramm the sensor for you for a little charge, so you dont have pay for the tool!

·
Registered
188 Posts
When I bought my rims from AM, I got the TPMS sensors too. I'm glad I did. I was on the way to work and the sensor light came on. It did it's job, I had a rear tire that was low. The valve stem was loose and was letting air out, but with the 285/30/20's it's hard to tell when they are low unless you have the sensors or check them regularly.

-J

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
^ Those are low profile enough where it can definitely be low without really noticing. The TPMS is 100% worth the money. The sensors are the expensive part, the tool and DVD are cheap, so taking to the dealer isn't worth the hassle.

You can manage without it, but it's a stock functionality that we want to be able to offer to our customers. Especially helpful in extreme cold or hot weather when tire pressures have been known to be a problem. :bigthumbsup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts