Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good day All!

Hate to post another thread about the same thing but the more I read the more I seem to be spinning my wheels.

I recently started having issues with my car.
At first it was almost like I got some bad gas because it came and went over a two week period. it would idle at 1500 when the norm is about 700. When i put it in drive it would just go by itself and if I touched the pedal at all it would go up to about 30-40 mph by itself. I was driving last weekend and my car was acting like it wasn't getting enough gas and had to really push the pedal down to go then all of a sudden the wrench light came on. I pulled into auto zone and they hooked it up and told me it was kicking back codes for my TPS and Accelerator Sensor. When I turned the car off and back on it was back to normal, no light, no hesitation or idle jumping. BTW it's a 2006 v6 with 63,000on it. They didn't carry the pedal and couldn't get it for two weeks so I went ahead and got the TPS and had it installed, didn't work so I ordered the pedal from ford, had it installed and it helped but there is still some weird stuff going on. No codes are kicking out though. It seems like there is a delay when I let off the accelerator, and when I go to stop it, it jumps and the rpm's rev up and go down. What am I missing?? Is it supposed to be reset? I did read about unhooking the battery for ten minutes and pressing the pedal down for three seconds but haven't done so yet. I'm just lost and I keep shelling out money having things replaced and starting to wonder if it was even the original problem. Please advise. Oh and the throttle body has been checked and it's clean and working properly.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Try disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes.

If it still gives you issues, I would probably say that you may have a bad PCM unit.

You could also check all grounds, but that isn't usually a sign of a faulty ground.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts