Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have narrowed my "hunting idle" down to the TPS on my 70mm throttle body. I have one on my stock 65mm that I can move to the 70mm. Is this possible or will it cause a problem. I looked up how to calibrate them on the internet and it seems like it is pretty difficult (feeler gauges, adjustments etc). If there is any easy way please let me know. But, I am thinking of changing my TPS out.

I was thinking it was my IACV so I let the engine idle for a while till it started to hunt. Then I removed the sensor/power cable from the IACV. The engine almost shut off so I figured it was still working. I then disconnected the TPS cable and nothing at all happened. So does that mean it is not working. I would appreciate it if someone could check their TPS in the same way and see what happens but I understand the reluctance to remove a cable while the car is running. If this sounds like the cause please let me know. I have ruled out the temp gauge and MAF as well. The only other thing would be a manifold of vacuum leak. I have retightened all the bolts and checked hoses. I can hear an air rushing sound in my CAI, but that is about it. Thanks.

M

·
0 Posts
It's not a problem to swap the TPS sensor. You don't even have to calibrate it. Mine didn't budge when I switched TB's. I had no adjustment to worry about. Oh, I'm not sure that's the proper way to test to see if your TPS is malfunctioning either.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Mana I will try it today after work. if it works great if not then I will keep looking.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.