Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone,

my 02 v6 is having issues. gas mileage is down, it threw a EGR code (insufficient flow). I threw it on the data logger (SCT) and I got some interesting values.

It looks to be a TPS to me.. but I'm somewhat new to the mustang so I'd like some feedback.

If you look at the logs, you will see my TP ABSOLUTE holding around 210 (very light on the accel - to around 1000 RPMs), but my RPMs go up and down (+/-200 rpms). I can feel it just running crappy when they go down. Now as you can see here, even though it's holding at 210, the IDLE and THRT MODE values go crazy. as if it doesn't know if it's idling or I'm on the throttle. (EGR VALUES stayed at 0 throughout) and 02 values were normal between 0-1.

Anyone have any ideas? (OK so this will not let me attach the log files... if you would like to look, send me an email at [email protected] and I'll send them to you. THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP OR THOUGHTS)

·
Super Moderator
40,152 Posts
directly probe the tps with a volt meter and look for a steady rise in volts as you throttle up.....

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TPS voltage looks good via the voltmeter.

I cleaned/leveled the MAF, checked for vacuum leaks, cleaned the EGR, ran SeaFoam through the gas and intake, and re-flashed the computer.

It's running a little better now, but it's only been this morning's drive. I feel it wanting to go back to crappy.

I did notice that it's when my air pump goes on is when the engine revvs up - or seems to run better. This almost leads me to believe it could be plugged cats....

Also, one weird thing, my fan goes on once every minute - seemingly regardless of it's temp. :headscratch: (low fan set to 200/ high fan set to 210)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.