Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched, so I guess this isn't terribly common:
(also placed this thread here, as I don't believe its a warranty/service type issue unless the new factory ford wiring is at fault)

My car just had an issue where it went into limp mode because it saw 0 on the TPS voltage, voltage had dropped on a wot run and zeroed out. After restarting the car, everything was fine, drove home without issue.

I've cleaned and checked the plug, the operation of the TPS, and am adding a second ground strap (since the TB uses a chassis ground) to see if that helps. Otherwise monday the accufab TB gets shipped to accufab for repair if I can find a stocker to test against and verify the problem exists in the throttlebody (it uses Ford electronics)

Anyone run into anything like this? It is just my luck, lol.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Did your wrench light come on?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah on the wrench

Did more poking around. Man I pray this is it:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like it was. One blast up to redline to test was ok. Will have to hook up datalogger and see if I'm resolved

·
Registered
81 Posts
Mine did that to me the other day, it hasn't happened since, but I haven't done anything to it, so I dunno. What's that picture of?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine did that to me the other day, it hasn't happened since, but I haven't done anything to it, so I dunno. What's that picture of?
a disconnected main engine ground and the stud its supposed to connect to.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I still have this issue after all this time. Got a replacement throttle body from accufab and all grounds are good.

I'm going to have to start from scratch on troubleshooting this unless anyone has some ideas.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no codes thrown on mine, AED is aware but believes it to be the throttle body though I'll talk with them today.

here's video of the super-fail drag racing pass:
Drag race fail - YouTube

Its a bad launch, then followed by lots of wheel spin, more wheelspin, a shift to second (more wheelspin), and by the time I get into third, shutdown. during this "wrench" limpmode, no throttle actuation is possible until key off and back on (as at the end of the video)

G

·
0 Posts
How has this changed from your other issue with the cracked spark plug?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 11 of 11 Posts