Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This passed saturday I was planning on running at Norwalk, OH for the last smack down of the year. I was going to be a big event since a few of the magizines were going to be there doing features and I was really hoping to get some good photos or an article with the car hooking as well as it has been. Friday night I finished welding the lower arm relocation brackets and install my new lower adj. arms hoping for 1.5 60' times. (typically they have been 1.70) I finally finished the car up at 2:30am saturday morning and left for norwalk at 7:00am. We got 10 miles from the track and it started raining, canceling the event. :madas:
On the way home I decided to stop into my tuners shop (mile from the track), and we strapped her done for a few pulls, since last time was before the long tube headers = 292 hp & 311 torque. First pull put down 305 hp w/ 331 torque. The second pull I took off the H-pipe and ran the exhaust open with just the long tube headers on. To my amazement, she lost power, posting 279 hp and 307 torque. This is quite contray to what we expected. Appearently the motor really likes back pressure. I bolted the H-pipe back on and she put down 308hp & 333 torque. So in conclusion, since I havent seen this posted elsewhere yet:

Hooker Long Tube Headers = 16 hp , 22 ftlb which equaled about 2.5 tenths of a sec in the 1/4 mile
Open Exhaust w/ L. T. Headers = - 29 hp, -26 ftlb
I hope to run this coming weekend and will report how the adj. arms work.
Heres another pic from the last UTL race where I lost in the final four.

Attachments

G

·
nautiluscont said:
This passed saturday I was planning on running at Norwalk, OH for the last smack down of the year. I was going to be a big event since a few of the magizines were going to be there doing features and I was really hoping to get some good photos or an article with the car hooking as well as it has been. Friday night I finished welding the lower arm relocation brackets and install my new lower adj. arms hoping for 1.5 60' times. (typically they have been 1.70) I finally finished the car up at 2:30am saturday morning and left for norwalk at 7:00am. We got 10 miles from the track and it started raining, canceling the event. :madas:
On the way home I decided to stop into my tuners shop (mile from the track), and we strapped her done for a few pulls, since last time was before the long tube headers = 292 hp & 311 torque. First pull put down 305 hp w/ 331 torque. The second pull I took off the H-pipe and ran the exhaust open with just the long tube headers on. To my amazement, she lost power, posting 279 hp and 307 torque. This is quite contray to what we expected. Appearently the motor really likes back pressure. I bolted the H-pipe back on and she put down 308hp & 333 torque. So in conclusion, since I havent seen this posted elsewhere yet:

Hooker Long Tube Headers = 16 hp , 22 ftlb which equaled about 2.5 tenths of a sec in the 1/4 mile
Open Exhaust w/ L. T. Headers = - 29 hp, -26 ftlb
I hope to run this coming weekend and will report how the adj. arms work.
Heres another pic from the last UTL race where I lost in the final four.
Nice driving and nice ET time. What psi you running in the MT's? Part numbers?
I agree with the Long Tube gains, I got about 15 rwhp from mine. Ya ever think about an X-pipe?

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
yeah, we were looking forward to going to Norwalk to.... Ended up at Milan also... Were you there in the morning? I left before noon... lots of break downs and tracking cleaning... I never did get the car to hook good... I think it was a little to cold for my street tires! LOL!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did not go to milan sat.... I stayed in norwalk at the dyno. I plan on going this sat for the 12pm -6pm tnt. I also heard the track sucked.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
nautiluscont said:
I did not go to milan sat.... I stayed in norwalk at the dyno. I plan on going this sat for the 12pm -6pm tnt. I also heard the track sucked.
oops... I got confused with another thread I guess.. LOL! Hey, it's Monday..

and yes, I personally think the track sucked! LOL! I spent a lot of time sitting in the staging lanes also... but the car and I came home in one piece which means it was a good day! LOL!

Good luck this weekend!

·
Registered
897 Posts
Nice Numbers. What rpm are you turning at 60MPH on stock size tires.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
at 70mph in 5 gear, she turning about 2800 rpm's w/ the 4.30 gears

1 - 7 of 7 Posts