Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just did my first track day ( 2019 GT PP2, supercharger ) and it was fantastic. The only problem was the rear diff overheating. Has anyone put the GT350 rear diff cooler on their regular GT? Was there and fitment problems?

·
2,801 Posts
Just did my first track day ( 2019 GT PP2, supercharger ) and it was fantastic. The only problem was the rear diff overheating. Has anyone put the GT350 rear diff cooler on their regular GT? Was there and fitment problems?
Nice what supercharger setup are you running. This is one setup I am considering is a 19 GT PP2 and dropping a SC on it a year or so down the road when I get "bored" of the GT. ha Cross shopping GT350, Roush, and 2013-2014 GT500's, but the entry price on the GT PP2 and SC myself is somewhat appealing. The drawback is the others have warranty where PP2 once SC won't...

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Read yesterday there is a dealer in TN selling a 2020 GT w/SC for $40K... Have a dealer in OH do that once in a while as well.

·
2,801 Posts
Read yesterday there is a dealer in TN selling a 2020 GT w/SC for $40K... Have a dealer in OH do that once in a while as well.
Yeah I have heard of 3 or 4 dealers selling base model GT's with a SC for 40K. Interesting concept as they offer 3yr/36K mile warranties on around 600-700HP cars. Pretty interesting times we are living in. haha

·
Registered
9,551 Posts
you don't really need six or seven hundred horsepower to have fun on a road track -- but it helps!

LOL . . . now that I think about it, I'm not sure it would really help . . . you'll need a very well controlled right foot!

Reactions: MustangLife

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Those extra ponies do help, especially in the straights. I had to de-tune (35 hp) to stay in my current TT class and the loss if very noticeable. Damn 5.0's are eating my lunch now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went with the Roush/ford set up. I have a local ford dealer that is also a Roush dealer. I've had no problem so far and the car is very fast ! I'm really glad I went with the PP2 set up. It really helps the car handle all the power and on the track the car is amazing.

·
Super Moderator
7,580 Posts
What was your resolution on the diff cooler?

·
Registered
9,551 Posts
I was wondering about the diff cooler also . . . first of all, how did you know it was getting too hot?

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I was wondering about the diff cooler also . . . first of all, how did you know it was getting too hot?
Newer S550's will throw a message. But it's a well-known S550 problem among those who either track an S550 or at least follow what S550's being tracked need. There's quite a few discussions concerning this elsewhere.

Norm

Reactions: JBert
1 - 12 of 12 Posts