Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Popped my 1/4 mile track cherry finally at California Dragway in Fontana...
First run I did a very conservative launch from idle, with the traction control on and got a 14.212 at 100.37 mph...very excited was I..
Second run, raced a guy from my Mustang club with a 96 SVT Cobra...did a tad more aggressive launch at about 1,500 rpm with the traction control still on (yea yea yea I know...but I'm not the best of drivers yet)...he got a big jump on me due to his reaction time (.649 to his .275), was catching up big by 2nd...and then bam...COULD NOT FIND 3RD FOR THE LIFE OF ME...it was like it was hiding from me...had to reset all the way back to neutral, before I finally found it but it was too late...he beat me...I got a 14.590 at 100.05 mph to his 14.560 at 99.36 mph...
man was I glad I got that over with, my car is very much stock except for the minor mods in my sig, nothing really to change my time's over u know...but now that I know how I do stock, time to start modding up and will be looking forward to 13's by my birthday next year (May), and 12's hopefully not too far away...

WILL POST VIDS AS SOON AS PUTFILE LETS ME UPLOAD THEM!!!

·
Banned
1,069 Posts
Great job ! im sure if you had some more runs you would run high 13`s , you have the trap speed of a 13sec car ! sucks you missed 3rd sounds like that run could have been a 13 !

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
that cobra is pretty much the same as your car except for maybe a different trans and your car has 3.55s and the cobra came with 3.27s i think. thats cool how you missed third (in the potential dept)and he still barely beat you. next time next time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
the mach has a solid rear end and 3.55s while the 99 and 01 cobra have IRS and 3.27s. the cobra has a tad more horsepower too.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
yea i know but he said the guy in his club had a 96 which is pretty much the same as the mach.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
YORCHI said:
Popped my 1/4 mile track cherry finally at California Dragway in Fontana...
First run I did a very conservative launch from idle, with the traction control on and got a 14.212 at 100.37 mph...very excited was I..
Second run, raced a guy from my Mustang club with a 96 SVT Cobra...did a tad more aggressive launch at about 1,500 rpm with the traction control still on (yea yea yea I know...but I'm not the best of drivers yet)...he got a big jump on me due to his reaction time (.649 to his .275), was catching up big by 2nd...and then bam...COULD NOT FIND 3RD FOR THE LIFE OF ME...it was like it was hiding from me...had to reset all the way back to neutral, before I finally found it but it was too late...he beat me...I got a 14.590 at 100.05 mph to his 14.560 at 99.36 mph...
man was I glad I got that over with, my car is very much stock except for the minor mods in my sig, nothing really to change my time's over u know...but now that I know how I do stock, time to start modding up and will be looking forward to 13's by my birthday next year (May), and 12's hopefully not too far away...

WILL POST VIDS AS SOON AS PUTFILE LETS ME UPLOAD THEM!!!
UPDATE!
Here is the video of myself against the New Mustang GT and against my buddy where I missed 3rd gear...will post some other good videos from that day whenever I get them up including a 10 second Supra...:drool:
http://media.putfile.com/Complete-Me-at-California-Dragway-12-Nov-05

·
Banned
2,185 Posts
Congrats! Can't wait to hit the 1/4, probably won't happen to the spring though. I should have my 4.10s in before I hit the 1/8 next weekend......I hope.

·
Registered
22 Posts
sweet vids

that video really shows how beautiful your car is.

G

·
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA NOOB!!!! You had to get told how to pull up to the line.... Sorry, I had to be the first to say it. Drive that car HARD!!! That's why you have a warranty

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mana4Real said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA NOOB!!!! You had to get told how to pull up to the line.... Sorry, I had to be the first to say it. Drive that car HARD!!! That's why you have a warranty
I knew where to go I was just taking my time, letting my nerves settle and trying to stop my right leg from shaking...that's being a newbie...:rollgrin:
He's the one that walked up and started telling me...
but yeah though, it wasn't my first time at a track, I went to a 1/8 mile track that I didn't really try on, I just wanted to see what all the excitement was about...it's one of those tracks that everyone complains about, and says not to take any of your times seriously cause it's the worse track in the world...
this one is the one I was serious in, prepped my car (emptied the trunk) and everything...hahahaha
I was just trying to get a taste of what I could do stock...now that I know, I've dedicated to nothing but mods from now until my birthday in hopes of being able to run consistant 13's with little to no effort at all since I'm far from being considered a good race car driver...
but yes please...keep the newbie jokes coming, it's only a matter of time before I get really good...and then...oh yes...there will be blood!...and oil and stuff like that

G

·
I mean come on dude... My slow SRT-4 would have got you on that run :laughlitt

I gotta find a way to start beating up on mustangs just so I have some pride again. This car is so damn SLOW!!! I am just broke now and don't have the extra money to blow on mods. I have something sitting at home that I had to take off cause I am taking it back to the dealer. But whatever, it's still slow. I guess from the factory the lower control arm on the drivers side was all fugged up. So I get it replaced for free :)

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Mana4Real said:

I gotta find a way to start beating up on mustangs just so I have some pride again. This car is so damn SLOW!!! I am just broke now and don't have the extra money to blow on mods. I have something sitting at home that I had to take off cause I am taking it back to the dealer. But whatever, it's still slow. I guess from the factory the lower control arm on the drivers side was all fugged up. So I get it replaced for free :)
pretty much anything besides a vette and exotics are goin to seem slow after driving a 400 hp mustang.

i wish i could just brush off srt4s with my car. oh well

·
Registered
295 Posts
Mana4Real said:

I am glad to see you are not the typical SRT-4 owner. Maybe it's just the area I live in, but 99.99% of the SRT-4 owners around here are punks. If you totally kill them they want race again, or if pull over to talk they try to start a fight. Again 99.99% of them back down when you get back in thier face. I am not dumb enough to think my car is unbeatable, because I have been beaten. I just wish everyone would show the mustang crowd the deserved respect that you do, and for that you have earned my respect.

·
Registered
567 Posts
JD04COBRA said:
I am glad to see you are not the typical SRT-4 owner. Maybe it's just the area I live in, but 99.99% of the SRT-4 owners around here are punks. If you totally kill them they want race again, or if pull over to talk they try to start a fight. Again 99.99% of them back down when you get back in thier face. I am not dumb enough to think my car is unbeatable, because I have been beaten. I just wish everyone would show the mustang crowd the deserved respect that you do, and for that you have earned my respect.
You havent been here for long. Lets me just say Mana4real use to have a pretty badass ride.

BTW this is for Mana4real,

U think your SRT-4 is slow, try launching a 2000 Integra Type R. This thing is killing me :doh:

G

·
Ya, I've been around for a while... But you are right, I am not the typical SRT-4 owner because I used to own a stang. I got rid of it in May. If you look, I've been on this board since October of 2002... I'm also admin :D

Austinscobra, I bet your integra launches better then this thing. The turbo lag makes it a huge pain in the butt. BTW, thanks for the compliment on my old ride. God I miss her. But school is more important, and if I had to do it again, I would. I will have a better ride in the future.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.