Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the track tonight with the new Hoosier slicks replacing the MT ET streets on the 15 inch Bogarts. It was warm, humid and sticky. Car ran four 11.0s on street tune and pump gas. Tires barely fit and Lance checked for scarring and marks after each run. He massaged the right rear wheel well with an iron rod to get a bit more clearance after noticing evidence of slight rubbing. Car got best 60 foot and 1/8 mile (1.497, 6.998 @ 98.41) although a 10 second quarter pass remained elusive this evening. The race tune coming this week on C16 and hopefully 10 additional lbs of boost should take care of that.

Pics of slicks compared to stock rims and tires
So much more sidewall with 15 inch rim over 17 inch

Lance hooked up an interior cam. Should have video to download tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Way to go Steve. You are the man. That slick looks like the Hulk Hogan of tires next to the street tire.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Way to go Steve. You are the man
Thanks for all the support. Gotta hand it to Lance. He's doing all the track driving. He's my mechanic and knows the car way better than I. He installed the turbo, the block, the transmission, fuel...so he knows just about every nut and bolt.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
The stance of your car on the trailer looks bad ass. Eat a vette for us.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
I was about to say HOW did those fit. What are the specs on them they are 28's right?

How wide is the wheel?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Went to the track tonight with the new Hoosier slicks replacing the MT ET streets on the 15 inch Bogarts. It was warm, humid and sticky. Car ran four 11.0s on street tune and pump gas. Tires barely fit and Lance checked for scarring and marks after each run. He massaged the right rear wheel well with an iron rod to get a bit more clearance after noticing evidence of slight rubbing. Car got best 60 foot and 1/8 mile (1.497, 6.998 @ 98.41) although a 10 second quarter pass remained elusive this evening. The race tune coming this week on C16 and hopefully 10 additional lbs of boost should take care of that.

Pics of slicks compared to stock rims and tires
So much more sidewall with 15 inch rim over 17 inch

Lance hooked up an interior cam. Should have video to download tomorrow.
Wow, if your doing that on the street tune with pump gas, then just going with the race tune alone would put you deep in the 10's, let alone 10 more lbs of boost.

I just turned a 6.89 @ 100.44 mph with a 1.479 60' on Thursday but that is with the race tune on race gas. I keep a spreadsheet of all of my passes, and the passes where I am in the 6.8X area 1/8th mile are in the high 10.7X to low 10.8X area. Is your car going to turn 9's with a race tune and 10 more lbs of boost? That is going to be a ride for sure.

Whipple mustang 6.89 @ 100 mph Irwindale - Video

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What are the specs on them they are 28's right?
They are 29.5 by 10.5 - 15

It's the 7th run at 11.0 and just the 1 run at 10.98 in two track visits, so that's about it for the street tune. Still trying to schedule 2 race tunes, one at 16 lbs, the other at as much as the 60 lb injectors can muster....maybe 20 lbs. The turbo can give 28-30 lbs and the rest of the car should be able to handle the power but we're sure the injectors will be the limiting factor. Our calculations show that with these 29.5 inch slicks, the 16 lbs race tune should get the car to about 10.4-10.5 consistently and the other tune 10 flat. We're not ready mentally for 9 second runs and all that is associated with that world.

The Hoosiers performed as expected...gains at the front end of the track and some loss at the deep end. But we need the extra diameter to get the higher mph with more boost.

Couple of videos from last night. You can see the front end wanting to come up at launch.

Video of 11.02 quarter pass 032808 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Video of 11.05 quarter pass - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Looking really sweet, Steve. Gotta love an .007 RT.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Damn, Nice numbers.

Is he leaving on the foot break or trans brake?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Is he leaving on the foot break or trans brake?
He is getting used to a transbrake. We're waiting for the two-step to come in, that is on back order. This is Lance's third time at the track with this car and since a 10 year absence from dragracing. It hasn't taken him long to get back into the groove. His 60 foots are steadily coming down, but we feel the pump gas street tune is about maxed out now.

·
Registered
711 Posts
nice passes... when do u get behind the wheel?

·
Registered
807 Posts
I can't wait to see a vid of it on the race tune. There was a JPC tuned car at the track last night. A real pretty light green. He was running hellion turbo. I think he was running low 10s. He had a nice setup, enclosed trailer, 50 gallon tank of c116, a big fan that you see at dynos sitting in front of the car to cool it down.

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
those Hoosiers are fat! car does look mean. and some darn good #s...with some left in it! sweet :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.