Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why does the car lose power when its on i hit the clutch in 1st gear and put it to the floor it boggsdown and stumbles! when i turn off its perfect! all the power is back, this sucks any cure to fix!:headscratch:

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
thats what traction control does... when you are losing traction it kills power so you can gain traction. if you are ever trying to hit it turn it off. you might get wheelspin but the car will never kill the power.

·
Registered
547 Posts
yup, might as well just never turn it on if u ever plan on having any fun. its really only usefull in some road racing applications, or if its snowy out.

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
I used to keep mine turned off in the programming all the time, until last winter when it actually snowed here, and I got stuck at work in the Mustang. Stopped, put the traction control back on, and made it home easily. Before I turned it on, I couldn't even take off from a dead stop in 2nd gear, I'd just sit and spin.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Unless you have ice or snow, traction control is your right foot. I'm enormously happy I don't even have it in my car, but I also live in florida, the only ice is in the cooler keeping the beer cold.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bullitt, are you going to the mustangweek in sc on the 20th, i will be there!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.