Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have problems when the traction's on the car bogg's down like the fuel cuts back or something, when it's off i can burn off the tires no problem!

·
0 Posts
Does anyone have problems when the traction's on the car bogg's down like the fuel cuts back or something, when it's off i can burn off the tires no problem!
That's the traction control at work!
In your GT, the traction control uses ABS sensors to detect wheel spin, it retards ignition timing and reduces fuel flow while applying the brakes to allow the car to get traction on the pavement. So, if you have it on and floor the pedal, then you will notice that your car will accelerate a lot slower as the traction control tries to prevent any wheel spin.
If you want fast acceleration or if you want to burn the tires, then you will have to turn it off.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
I just posted this on another thread...
Unless you have ice or snow, traction control is your right foot. I'm enormously happy I don't even have it in my car, but I also live in florida, the only ice is in the cooler keeping the beer cold.

And you really don't need to start multiples of the same thread, it just clutters things up.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah well i needed more advice! thanks for your concern:bigthumbsup

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.