Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,

I need some help and if someone out there has had this problem before. I have a 99 ford mustang cobra with traction control. The blue fan light is coming on ( I am told this blower looking light signals traction control) but when I hit the button nothing happens? I know that there are tuners out there, but right now $400 dollars is not in my budget. I have checked the fuses and all good. I am beginning to believe it is the switch. If I hold the switch, hit, etc. nothing happens. Is the blue blower light suppose to light up to signal that traction control is off? I heard the switch is to turn amber, well I hit the button....nothing.

Thanks for any help!:nogrinner

Rich

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
lol, i love this on the 99 cobras. if you remove the switch, you will see theres little bulbs you can remove. well the one thats suppose to turn on when you turn off the traction control is blown. if this bulb is blown it wont let you turn the system off, it will always be on. i had the same problem and went to ford. well they no longer sell the switch or the bulb. i had to wire it to where, even though it doesnt light up saying trac off, it still shuts the system off whenever i want by pushing the button. i wish i had a picture of what i did but i dont. you have to take a small peice of wire and join together the sides that make contact together.

i dont know if im making it to clear. sorry.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
haha....thanks. I just got off the phone with Ford, and they no longer sell the switch. So how do I know if it is off? If I wire the system wrong? Also, I noticed my ABS light is on. Will this deactivate the traction control if it is not functioning? I have always asked this question but never got an answer from anyone, because I guess they do not know the answer.

thanks!

Rich

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
yea, the abs and trac control are linked together. if the abs fails the trac control fails, but sometimes its just a faulty light. if you need a new abs pump ill have mine for sale really soon. im gonna put a block off plate in its place for weight reduction.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
you will only know its off if u peel out and the trac control doesnt take over and cut timing. but ho i have mine is, the bulb is still there, i used a peice of wire and joined the 2 sides, where the bulb makes contact with the switch, together. very simple. 5 minutes of work.

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
if it is the switch you can usually find one on Ebay...good luck

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I purchased a bulb at radio shack, had my brother soilder the bulb on. Now the "off" light stays on continued, so I am guessing the traction control is off now. Thanks for everyones help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts