Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 GT automatic which I recently SCT tuned for 93 octane. I punched it this morning on a straight stretch of dry road and when it was about to do its automatic crisp shift from 1st to 2nd I suddenly lost all power. I quickly looked down at my guages and noticed my speed had been about 63 mph and then I noticed the traction control icon was on. I got power back after it had slowed to about 55 mph. I had noticed right after the SCT tune that the tail would twitch a little when automatcally shifting from 1st to 2nd to 3rd. I looked it up in the manual and all is said was the wheels were receiving more traction then anticipated and the traction control kicked in --- I am assuming it cuts power to the accelerator (??). Oh yeah, it said SLOW DOWN.

Do I have something to worry about or is this normal? I am assuming it is normal but it was a dry road. I do know that I am sold on that SCT x-cal2. The automatic shifts so crsip it snaps and the sucker is FAST. I also noticed the Flowmaster American Thunder have a lot more life and the K&N 63 really growls.

Thanks...Dave

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Try doing a speed shift in a 5-speed. TCS kiscks yo' ass.

Serieouly though, turn it off before you try to break the tires loose. The TCS cuts timing and the computer closes the Throtle plate!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts