Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. Bought my 2005 Silver GT manual Friday.

I had a 2005 auto. V-6 that I traded for the GT (that's why my user name is Sonic Blue, guess I need to change that now). Didn't get hurt too bad on the trade in. When I bought my V-6 last Nov. all the dealers within 100 miles were marking up the GTs at least 3K to 5K. I guess the money I lost on the trade in is about equal to the mark ups they wanted back then but I don't care because I have my GT now.
I loved my 4.0 & got bit by the performance bug not long after buying her. I made a few mods to her & ran a best time of 14.63 which I think is pretty respectable. I decided to either SC the 4.0 or buy a GT. I found a manual GT that had 4 miles on it & all I can say is WOW!
Performance is all I expected & more. And the exhaust tone is great, I think I like it better than the radio! My car has the upgraded wheels but I like the stock bullits better & I just ordered a set of them. I'll sell my wheels later.
I have a couple of questions for you folks. What's the best CAI (I'm thinking Steeda maybe).
I have the SCT XCalibrator I bought for my 4.0 & I'm pretty sure I can get it re-programed for the GT. Their is a shop about 2 hours away that can do a dyno tune for me, so I may do that instead of buying a tune via the mail.
Also what about a new shifter? Never had a performance car with manual before (only auto. 5.0 & manual trucks but this is a different beast altogether) but stock shifter seems like a long throw. Between the Steeda triax & Hurst is either one better? Are the aftermarket shifters much harder to shift (got to think about the wife).
I feel like a kid at Christmas now!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot to add something.
My insurance only went up $20 per year (seriously). Was paying 795 year for the V-6 & the GT is 815 year. (39 years old with no tickets & $500 deductible). That really shocked me & I made the agent check twice because I didn't believe her. She was correct.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Sonic Blue said:
Forgot to add something.
My insurance only went up $20 per year (seriously). Was paying 795 year for the V-6 & the GT is 815 year. (39 years old with no tickets & $500 deductible). That really shocked me & I made the agent check twice because I didn't believe her. She was correct.
Dude, that's a great price for insurance. What company is that?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Finally, somebody who knows how I felt. I bought a Mineral Grey V-6 in Dec. Loved it, striped it, put some aftermarket foglamps on it. But in April, I just happened to drive past the dealership where I bought her and saw a Screaming Yellow GT just sitting there. Well, needless to say, I traded in the V-6 and drove away with my new baby the very same day. I didn't lose too much on the deal and my insurance didn't go up much at all either. You can see in my signature all I've done so far.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Travelers Insurance Company.

I also have 2 other vehicles on the policy, liability only on them, for a total of $1400 year (Mustang is $815 of that total cost).

In 1990, when I had my 88 GT with 3 speeding tickets, my insurance was about $2500 year.
Just gotta make sure I don't get any tickets now because I like that LOW rate.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Good call on trading up to the GT. The performance is great and the gas milage is reasonable for a V8. As far as CAI's go I have JLT's CAI on order and I am going do an SCT tune with it. JLT's seems to be producing the most HP, if their numbers are acurate and it is also the cheapest CAI at $150. I figure for that price if I don't like it I can always sell it on e-bay and get another one.

·
Registered
599 Posts
deja vu

Believe it or not I bought an 05 v-6 manual shift (silver) on march 4. I was real happy with the performance and cash savings etc. I took the wife to test drive an 05 GT manual shift (sonic blue) on june 4. We bought it! It is worth the extra cash! ABS/TC, 8.8 inch trac-loc, rear sway bar....and that sound, that wondeful exhaust note......ah. I am dieing to have some cool weather to drive in. (ac off, windows down, less engine heat soak, etc)
We got excellent deals both times we bought mustangs, both days were unseasonably comfortable outside and the dealerships had no traffic. :grinroll:

·
Registered
91 Posts
BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!! The people that I know that have V6's(3) are all looking to trade when the GT's become less scarce. I told everyone that the insurance difference is neglible, and you only get 2mpg better in the V6. Buying one for those reasons is a cop out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts