Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i think my syncros are gone in my 89 gt 5.0,when i shift fast it grindes bad,and it has a new clutch,any advice would be muchley appreciated!!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
what trans is in it . is it the t-5 factory. and what gears grinds. putting it into gear, from 1st to second, second to third

·
Registered
40 Posts
Mine was grinding from 1st to second, when trying to shift fast, but when shifting normally, it was fine.
I since striped the whole car and start rebuilding, and found were the clutch cable is mounted to the fire wall from the outside was missing the bolt. It was very loose and twisted sideways.
So i wont know if this was the cause of the problem or not for a couple more weeks.
Anybody ever run into this problem? If so did it fix the problem?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
New clutch especially aftermarket is best to use an adjustable quadrant. If you grind in every gear you need one. Especially if it grinds trying to shift in reverse. If it is just grinding from first to second then you need a rebuild.

·
Registered
664 Posts
New clutch especially aftermarket is best to use an adjustable quadrant. If you grind in every gear you need one. Especially if it grinds trying to shift in reverse. If it is just grinding from first to second then you need a rebuild.
Your is auto, is it not?:/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts