Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently when attempting to shift into third gear at high rpm's the shifter would lock up and not go into gear. I've done this shift repeatedly in the past year with never a hint of a problem. Ford recently issued a TSB (09-9-6) covering shifting problems in '07-'08 GT's, and with a copy in hand, I visited my Ford service dept. To make a long story short they ordered the parts and fixed me up better than new! Just a friendly heads up for any of you guys experiencing any shifting issues. Here's my thread at another site with a copy of the parts used and the actual Ford TSB ........
Update: Back From The Dealer Today - IMBOC

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Glad to hear you got her fixed. :bigthumbsup
When I shift from 1st to 2nd (especially shifting fast) it feels clunky. I wonder if it is the same thing or not. What do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
That's good news... Though I'm stunned that Waldorf Ford could figure it out. I've never had much luck with their service dept.

·
Registered
9,239 Posts
Glad to hear you got her fixed. :bigthumbsup
When I shift from 1st to 2nd (especially shifting fast) it feels clunky. I wonder if it is the same thing or not. What do you guys think?
A lot of that can be down to possible air/moisture in the master/slave system and trans fluid temps. Or to be more specific lack of fluid temp.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.