Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about putting in a transgo hd-2 kit on my automatic, but some of the shops that I went to say that they are too harsh even at low speeds, when your not shoving your foot in... they say it gets really annoying! Is this true for our cars too?! I want to put it in since I am way past due for a tranny oil change. Has anybody put it on? is it too harsh? this is my daily driver so I do want some comfort .

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I was thinking about putting in a transgo hd-2 kit on my automatic, but some of the shops that I went to say that they are too harsh even at low speeds, when your not shoving your foot in... they say it gets really annoying! Is this true for our cars too?! I want to put it in since I am way past due for a tranny oil change. Has anybody put it on? is it too harsh? this is my daily driver so I do want some comfort .
i have it and yeah it is a bit harsher and some people may not like it. But it's really not bad at all when in normal driving conditions. Under WOT, that's a different story.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So when would you say it becomes harsh? 1/4 throttle? 2/4? So its not that bad? Would you recomend me getting it? Oh! and is it true it shaves 2/10 of a second on quarter mile?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
So when would you say it becomes harsh? 1/4 throttle? 2/4? So its not that bad? Would you recomend me getting it? Oh! and is it true it shaves 2/10 of a second on quarter mile?
WOT is the only time it's harsh in my opinion. I mean you feel the shifts in all other situations but WOT I'm spinning the tires from the shift. I'd strongly recommend it. I really think the only time it's actually harsh, when it shifts is if you let off the throttle as it's shifting and then get back on it, I've done that once or twice and it gives you whiplash pretty good, but, you shouldn't be letting off the throttle during shifting with an auto.

and yeah, it'll shave some time off of your quarter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.