Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well as the title says, my transmission finally died in my 94 v6.
what to do now? how about get a manual.. :)

just like everyone else, i am on an extremely low budget. with that being said what exactly do you think i am looking at to do a swap?
any help is greatly appreciated! :)

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Depends what deals you can get and how much you sell your auto parts for. For parts you looking at $600-800 for everything used except a new clutch.

Search the forums, and I'll be glad to help any questions that are more specific than "what do I need and how do I do it."

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alright thanks for the offer. i will hit you up if (when) i run into problems, but i won't have the money to do anything for 3-4 weeks. but am trying to get as much as i can now.

I have a couple of questions..

What parts do I need to salvage from the auto trans? Do I use my auto drive shaft or the manual shaft? Will I have to modify any thing like the cross member or my exhaust?

Thanks for the answers man. Appreciate it

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Being a 94-95, the auto and manual driveshafts are compatible. The only thing is that the auto driveshaft has a some sort of dampener on the yoke similar to a crankshaft dampener. It is fine to use it on a manual.

The only modifying needed is if you want to be able to access the shifter bolts from the top you will need to cut the shifter opening bigger.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts