Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to the manual a V6 mustang needs the transmission fluid changed every 30,000 miles. Why is that?

·
Registered
590 Posts
The trans is a sealed trans. If you notice there's no dip stick for the automatics now. When it comes time to change the fluid, have the dealer do it. As of now, you won't be able to do it.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I had my trans flushed w/syn the day I bought it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Do you know what they put back in Redline, Royal Purple?

Waxed'05 GT said:
I had my trans flushed w/syn the day I bought it.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
The fluids I supplied - Amsoil.

·
Registered
134 Posts
vladydady said:
According to the manual a V6 mustang needs the transmission fluid changed every 30,000 miles. Why is that?
Over time heat in the transmission causes a breakdown of the transmission fluid, wear on the internal transmission components causes a buildup of metal filings in the transmission and condensation can introduce water into the fluid due to exposure of the transmission to external and internal temperature extremes. The recommended fluid change intervals are based on an estimate of when the fluid will have degraded to the point where it is no longer performing well.

Transmissions also contain an internal fluid filter. Make sure the shop doing your transmission fluid replacement also replaces this filter.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts