Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Why are there no aftermarket transmission mounts for the 05-10 GT? Everywhere I look, I fail to find one. I am convinced mine is hosed. I have an MGW shifter, and I am fairly sure that the driveshaft is hitting the bottom of the shifter when braking hard or hitting bumps. Also, it seems like it might be difficult to replace the mount as the exhaust hangers are incorporated to the cross member. I tried to remove it today and failed. Any advice or direction would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
98 Posts
What is the most recent mod you had done? Reason I ask is I just had some work done on my car and heard a metal to metal slap kinda noise when hitting bumps and it ended up being the over-axle pipe on the driver side hitting the panhard bar. Any work done on your cat-back anytime recent? Maybe the band clamps on the pipe came loose and it rotated down some. Just an idea.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey bfl300 thanks for the reply. I haven't changed anything in months. I am pretty sure the shaft is touching the bottom of the MGW as I can see clean metal on the weld of the shaft (the rest of the shaft is rusted), and rust marks on the bottom of the MGW (the adjustable block). The MGW is out 6 turns BTW, and hasn't been adjusted since install. It just started making this noise yesterday. I checked to make re-checked all the bolts/nuts on the shifter today, and the crossmember. I can make the thunk by hitting the brakes firmly, or driving over a bump. I can feel the contact in the shifter knob.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now I am really confused. This morning on the way to work (35 miles) it didn't make a peep. I am thinking it may be heat related, the trans mount rubber gets soft when hot and allows more play? I don't know, grasping at straws.

·
Registered
777 Posts
What is the most recent mod you had done? Reason I ask is I just had some work done on my car and heard a metal to metal slap kinda noise when hitting bumps and it ended up being the over-axle pipe on the driver side hitting the panhard bar. Any work done on your cat-back anytime recent? Maybe the band clamps on the pipe came loose and it rotated down some. Just an idea.
Not to hijack this thread but I have a strange sound like that after getting a magnaflow catted X pipe install. Sounds something like metal clanking around when going over bumps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts