Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an automatic trany. for example. When a car is in front of me and is going to turn I have to slow down and then when they turn I push the throttle but the trany slips and revs high and then kicks in. It seems like it is slipping, But it only does it if I stop real fast or turn a corner real fast or too sharp. It doesn't hardly do it any other time. It seems to shift fine. What could it be. Trany needs rebuilt????

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry,
My car is a 89 lx 5.0

·
Registered
88 Posts
this might be a dumb question. but is the fluid level good? if not top it off. if yes then your clutches are wearing out, or your valve body has something stuck in it. and what gear? mine slips in o/d when its hot and i have clutch material on my dipstick lol i need a rebuild. have a tranny shop drop the pan but tell them to keep the fluid thats in it!!! flushing an old tranny is gearing you for destruction! its like $50 and worth it

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The fluid level is good. It does it in O/D.

·
Registered
88 Posts
sounds like ur in my situation only worse... i need a rebuild and it sounds like you need it more than i do. what kind of mods do you have because if ur gonna rebuild it i would build it to handle a little more juice.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Sounds like the bands are getting a little worn. You might have the tranny shop see if they can help you with it without having to do a rebuild, I know you low on money. How does it shift when it's on the cold side?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well today it started to slip when it was shifting into the drive.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Yup, sounds like the tranny's worn out. Get the engine going, then start saving to get the tranny serviced.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.