Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, my names matt, and i got a 2005 mustang GT for christmas. Im having a problem with part of the shift knob thing. Its an auto transmission. This is extremely hard to explain. I went to go in reverse, and the little belt that is connected to the knob and covers up the under part disconnected. I can shift up and down, but i can only get to drive, the belt that normally goes back towards the middle console and goes under wont go, in order to shift to drive i have to push it back really hard until it locks into place, and the belt thing gets all bent up and squished.

1. Is there any way i can fix this without taking it in?
2. Will jamming the knob into place cause any problems?
3. Do i need to replace it? and how much will it cost?
4. Does anyone know how this happened?

Heres a bad pic of what im talking about. http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/05/05/LegendLimeV6-2.jpg

To find the part im talking about, look at the tip of the cell phone, and then look right a tiny bit. The belt thing is in between the bottom of the knob thing and the cell phone antenna tip. It is ussually connected to the knob at the bottom, and when u shift back, it hides itself. But mine doesnt. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Take it to the dealer. The shifter console cover has become dislodged from the slider track. The entire assembly must be replaced.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts