Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I'm driving around normally, as in not putting it to the floor, in first and second around 3000 rpms there's a sound like a piece of flat metal grinding against another piece of flat metal, not like gears or anything... It's got nothing to do with the clutch I think, because it's not engaged when this happens. Maybe the flywheel? I'm honestly not sure. If anybody could I've me some advice here on what it could be and on how to replace it I would be very grateful.

Again, around 3000rpms, ceases at around 3200, and only in second or first at low acceleration...

Thanks!

·
Registered
777 Posts
I have the same sound its around 2300rpm for me. I brought it to the dealer this past week and they said they didn't here anything and everything is tight under the car. I'm going to go back and take them for a test drive. The sound only happens under load. It won't do it if I rev in neutral. There is a TSB out for this issue. Its with the spacer plate connecting the transmission to the engine. TSB 08-02-10 is what the fix is or you can try fixing it yourself.

Read the following about this issue.
http://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-...-9-7-07-a.html

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the same sound its around 2300rpm for me. I brought it to the dealer this past week and they said they didn't here anything and everything is tight under the car. I'm going to go back and take them for a test drive. The sound only happens under load. It won't do it if I rev in neutral. There is a TSB out for this issue. Its with the spacer plate connecting the transmission to the engine. TSB 08-02-10 is what the fix is or you can try fixing it yourself.

Read the following about this issue.
http://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-...-9-7-07-a.html
Is it something I should be concerned about?

·
Registered
777 Posts
Is it something I should be concerned about?
I would say its more of an annoying thing then something that will cause an issue.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Phew good, although I might have it checked out just in case :yup: Thanks!
No problem. I'm going to get mine fixed eventually.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts