Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove home to my parents house (20 mins mixed driving) no noise at all with the windows down and radio off. On my way back home I notice a whine in 1-4 that is speed dependent. Long story short I brought it by my friend who happens to be a svt certified tech at ford and he said that this whining is for sure not normal. The car goes into ford tomorrow. She still shifts like butter but I have no idea what to think about this whine. With the radio on low you can hear it. It is at it loudest from what I can tell in the mid to upper range of 2nd gear, but is easially audible in 1-4. I can deal with it as is but if it gets any louder i'm gonna bug out. I have only made 2 payments on this bugger and still love it to death. I hope what is to come doesn't change that.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
mine whines a little bit but if you turn up the radio you wont hear it. it dosnt bother me. i think that the mt82 transmissions just whine.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
car has 2500 miles. Has only been to the dealer once for something totally unrelated. Factory fluid in trans still

·
Registered
734 Posts
Mine whines in all gears (pretty annoying at cruise in 6th on the highway with the radio off, TBH), but it's done it for almost 1000 miles now with no other ill effects. I'll not bother taking it into the dealer until something else goes wrong.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Well i only have 500 miles on it and picked it up last friday and my 2nd gear has a little whine but i think it's normal for this tranny. Well it's under a warranty so if anything i will get a new transmission.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Well it's under a warranty so if anything i will get a new transmission.[/quote] I hope you were joking with this last sentence .

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Yeah, Ford's gonna turn you out man. Just a little whine and no real problem? Bahhhh they will tell you it;s fine. Watch and see.

Mine makes a little noise too, but it's not bad and you can't hear it on the freeway or when cruising.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts