Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Friend Has Got A 5.0 HO Motor, He Just Told Me Today. So I Was Thinking About Buying It, But He Said Hes Got An Automatic Transmission But I Think Its An AODE. So I Was Wondering What All Kinds Of Transmission Would Work In A 1991 Mustang Lx 5.0 Without Having To Do Modifications. Any All Help Is Greatly Appreciated, Thanks :winks

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
if its a 91 it should just be an aod. a C4 will work as well as 4R70W internals

G

·
AOD-E uses the computer and is usually compatible with the 94-95 Mustang. The Fox body's use the AOD.

Maybe its a good time to change over to a T5 ???

·
Registered
16 Posts
switch to manual with a tremec trans

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks For The Help

Thanks For The Help. Im Trying To Put Everything Back To Stock. Im Buying The Motor From My Friend & Hes Got A C4 Trans That He Found. My Car Has No Fuel Injection Wiring Harness Or Computer, So How Hard Would It Be To Change The Fuel Injection Motor To Carborated? Thanks Again

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
you need the corresponding intakes, a fuel pump, a sender, and a new timing cover. (the FI cover has no provision for the carb fuel pump. you may need a cam, distrubutor, and possibly a different fuel tank. but not sure on those last few

·
Registered
45 Posts
I put 10W30 Motorcraft Synthetic Blend (Autozone) into my LX. I'll probably run it for like 500 miles and go with a Royal Purple Full Synthetic.

The guy at Autozone that since synthetic is already way better than regular motor oil that I didn't need to get 10W40 synthetic as it wold be recommended with regular motor oil for 100K+ miles engine

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.