Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the oil question again but a quick one at that. . . I did a tranny flush on my 03 cobra and now I am going to fill the beast up, now does anyone have a recommendation of oil to use? I know it says to use dextron III, but I was wondering if anyone has filled her up with Red Line, or RP manual transmission oil?

Drop a line and let me know what you are running. Thanks

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I did some searching and found that it is a BAD IDEA to use RED LINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess the winner is GM syncromesh, I also heard that the Royal Purple is okay to use as long as it is not a full synthetic. Not too sure though, anyways another question if I may, what temp should my Transmission be running at? I am going ot install a temp gauge but I would like to know a base line, thanks

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Get the Pennzoil Syncromesh, it's the EXACT same as the GM! They make it for them and it'll be cheaper to buy their brand rather than going to a chevy dealership! I think Terminator friends say they save over $20!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
right on, thanks. . . and especially thanks for all your help so far!!!! I am close to done so I will put some pics up, your help is appreciated through out the entire process, drinks on me Brutal!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
:bigthumbsup Is there auto parts chain stores in Canda like Advance and Auto Zone?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
na, we have Part Source, Canadian Tire and NAPA if I am looking for stuff like fluids and the odd part, but by all means the three companies are not helpful at all so now I pretty much try to get everything online

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
Why change it? I have over 150K miles on my T45 and it has the original factory fill....still works perfectly

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
GM Syncro-mesh is what Tremec recommends in the T-56, it's made by Pennzoil!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh I went with the syncro mesh, I was told to not use a full synthetic and from what I know as a MR I would not use a full synthetic in tranny anyways, kinda looses it's "whipping action"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.