Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Muy Buenas tardes! saludos a todos espero que se encuentren bien.

Tengo una duda, tengo un FORD MAVERICK 1974 con motor 302 5.0 y le acabo de colocar una trasmisión manual Tremec 13-52-065-922 quisiera saber que diferencial seria el ideal para esa trasmisión, tengo cauchos/llantas traseras 235/60/15 son tan amables de ayudarme.

Gracias de antemano.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
13-52-065-922 is the casting number for the main case of the transmission. The actual ID number should be on a metal tag on a tail housing bolt. From examining the photo this would be a transmission from a 94-98 V-5 Mustang. The -922 number first appeared about 1996. The metal tag on that would probably say 13-52-238.

That bell housing appears to be from an 83-93 Mustang and will be too shallow for that transmission unless it has been modified to have the shorter 86-93 style input shaft.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
friend Speace-ATL the transmission and is mounted in the car and going very well, but the changes are very short, right now I have a differential in relation 3.55, I know that trasmision looks good both start and displacement

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Glad that it is working for you.

Perhaps someone replaced the input shaft with the shorter parts. This is frequently done to fit the newer T-5 transmissions to the older bell housings.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Choosing a differential ratio will depend on what you want the car to do. Your transmission should have a 3.35 first gear ratio. Many car owners like the 3.55 differential ratio because it gives the car more energy when starting off. This does reduce fuel economy on the highway of course.

When you say "Short" or "Long" you may be referring to differential ratios. When I said "Short" or "long" above I was talking about the physical length of the input shaft to the clutch. Ford changed to a longer shaft in 1994. I can see from the picture that your transmission is from a V-6 Mustang between 1994 and 1998 and your bell housing is from a V-8 Mustang from 1983-1993. The V-6 transmissions have the longer shaft and your bell housing was made for the shorter shaft. You said that it fits fine, so someone must have changed the input shaft to the shorter length shaft so that it would fit. This is very common.

If you want to choose a different differential gear, then what do you want it to do that is different than it is now?

I don't have to be the only one responding here... If someone has a better understanding of the question, then by all means jump in!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank you very much for helping me friend, how annoying with another question ... if I put a differential with 3.23 or 3.07 ratio should improve? longer and better long shift changes? sorry to bother hehehe

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Yes, with a numerically lower differential ratio you won't have to up-shift as soon because the engine RPMS will be lower for the speed. The car may also "Feel" a little weaker.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
In general, yes, but it is not all that simple. The power curve of the engine torque comes in to play as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts