Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 2004 gt have a tremec trans the other day i was power shifting & it grinded now it grined if i didn't slowley release the clutch and thats only in second gear the rest r fine :(

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
my 2004 gt have a tremec trans the other day i was power shifting & it grinded now it grined if i didn't slowley release the clutch and thats only in second gear the rest r fine :(

Time for a new 2nd gear syncro and blocker. You've rounded the clutch teeth on the syncros and it will grind all the time now. Usually this is a result of improper clutch adjustment and power shifting. In other words, your clutch was not adjusted properly to begin with and the abuse you put it through has now caused it to round off the clutch teeth on the syncros and blocking rings. There is no fix other than a rebuild. :bigthumbsup

It's not going to hurt to continue to drive it, the grinding will just get worse.

Richard
Tech Support
Tremec TKO, T45 & T56 Transmission Systems

·
Registered
595 Posts
were can you buy syncros and blockers? My 2nd gear may have that problem, or its because my clutch. I was looking I couldn't seem to find syncros or blockers anywhere. Thank

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
It will take a sycro/blocker replacement as stated, that will have to be done in a shop unless you have worked on manual transmissions before. When you have the transmission taken down, make sure they completely go through it now while it is cheaper to fix everything at once. :bigthumbsup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.