Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to rebuild my engine soon and will be installing a new cam. My setup will be supercharged (6 psi for now, 9psi later), re-worked stock heads (grind egr bumps in exhaust,lap the valves,new valve stems seals, and new valve springs for a bigger cam), 76mm MAF, 1-5/8" full length headers, xpipe with cats, 2.5" exhaust, stock intake.

I need a cam that will work well with my stock heads and intake, and will still work nicely when i replace the heads and intake with aftermarket ones. I was thinking of going with the trickflow cam below. What do you guys think? I want a mild cam for street use with good idle quality but more power than the stock cam. I am not familiar with cam specs. Thanks.

http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?Ntt=TFS-51402000&Ntk=KeywordSearch&DDS=1&searchinresults=false&N=0&target=egnsearch.asp&x=28&y=15

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
I have that cam in my car right now and it ran great with GT40p heads and with these ported trickflow trackheat heads. You may be interested in the stage 2 cam if you want a bit more kick. It idles really well.

·
Registered
237 Posts
That's a lot of cam for a mildly ported stock head. You may want to consider leaving the stocker in until you can afford better heads.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I have the Trickflow Stage 1 cam with Iron GT40 (non "P") ported/polished, and milled 15 thousand and the cam works great. The manifold is a gt40, exhaust- long tube BBk's. SWEET exhaust note, idle is a little choppy but it sounds badass. Just bump your idle speed up to 900 rpm. :thumbsup

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.