Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done alot of research on many different forums on how to rebuild my engine. I have chosen to go with almost everything Trick Flow Specialities. I've replaced everything except the crankshaft. I am still in the middle of the building process & kind of skeptical to the actual horespower/torque gain I am going to come up with. Here are a list of modifications:

TrickFlow:
Twisted Wedge Track Heat (170 Heads)
Chromemoly Pushrods
Flat Top Froged Pistons (.030 over)
Track Max Hydraulic Roller Tappet Camshaft (275/279,Lift .499/.510)
Stud Mount 1.6 Roller Rockers

I also currently have:

Edelbrock RPM Air-Gap Intake
Ford Racing Lightweight Pulleys
Ford Racing A/C Eliminator Kit
Ford Racing 9mm Spark Plug Wires
Holley 650cfm Double Pumper
Holley " Carb Spacer
K&N Air Filter
MSD 6AL
MSD Pro-Billet Distributor w/bronze gear
Zex Perimeter Plate w/Jets for 150shot

I am looking at running an engine dyno run before putting it back in. My problem is I have no expectations/limitations on what the engine may actually produce. I have searched near and far, but no answers. TrickFlow, Ford Racing, Edelbrock, CJ Pony Parts, Summit Racing, and my engine builder ALL couldn't even give me an estimated figure. I figured at best Trickflow would have done a similar setup using everything trickflow and seeing what they could get, but nothing. So if anyone could help at all I would greatly appreciate it. I am dying to figure out a roundabout number that I should expect nothing much over... Please consider the 150shot of nitrous. Thank You everyone that can help me out.:shiny:

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
My opinion, build it, run it. Enjoy it. Whatever it dynos. then it is what it is. If the numbers are real low for the combo, then it would mean there is a problem.

Then run it at the track. dont set yourself up for disappointment by looking for a certain number. Big numbers dont always mean fast.:bigthumbsup

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.