Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys - I'm posting this up on our forum for a buddy of mine that's got a '97 thunderchicken that's looking for some info on a head swap he's going to be doing on his 4.6 motor (he's a mechanic, and damn his car looks good).

He's got two options - he's got a deal on some stage 2 heads that his guy will build for him, done deal that he just has to give the guy the go ahead for.

-OR-

Option #2 is he just was informed about some new trick flow heads he could wait for and get those instead of the stage 2's. Problem is, he doesn't know when the new trick flow "r" heads are getting released, so he doesn't know how long he'd have to wait.

He wanted to know if anyone knew when these heads might be released so he could get an idea of how long he'd have to wait if he went with that setup. Anybody know or heard anything??

R

·
0 Posts
spring of '09 from what I was told;) price is up there too, like @$2200 pr :so
also let your friend know, he will need a PI intake mainfold to work wth them and for the price, they might not be what everyones looking for, for a "street car"

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He's already got the PI intake installed - I helped him put it in, along with performance cams, although he's thinking about swapping in different ones again. His motor is far from stock when you pop his hood.

Originally, his idea was a powerful street car, now, it's how powerful can he make it, and how many horses can he push to the rear wheels, lol. He affectionately calls it building his "doomsday machine" There are many, many future mods going in to his build.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
If hes looking to make that kind of power with it then i would highly suggest to wait on the trickflow heads. It would be worth the wait and should add a good deal of power since they are not just ported stock heads.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
When I talked to them the guy said early next year, but he wouldn't be specific. I posted a thread about them recently, the guy sent me a link to another forum with details.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
TFS is reporting that they made 410 horses on all motor. I would wait on those puppies to hit the streets. He'll probably need til then to save the money for them. $2200 a pair is kinda steep. However if you can make supercharger power without supercharger cash investment, then it's a heck of a deal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.