Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just finished my Trick Flow top end kit install. went with the 360hp/350tq kit with stage one cam. it runs great but i think it could be better. I was wondering if i should adjust my timing any with this kit and if so how much? Also dont know if it matters or not with timing but i have installed 75mm TB, 76mm bbk MAF and 24# injectors.

·
Registered
212 Posts
10btdc is stock i have mine at 14 runs like a beast :yup:

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Every car is different so try bumping it till it pings a little then back down a couple degrees. I have seen cars that can't be pushed above 10 degrees and some like 16 so try it out. Timing gives you power across the board.

·
Registered
575 Posts
i just did the same kit and have mine at 15. It may change when i get it dyno tuned though, but for now it runs pretty well.

·
Registered
575 Posts

·
Banned
7,170 Posts
you need to look at TOTAL timing. the TFS head has a very efficient chamber, it will probably make the best power somewhere in the 30-32 degree range @ 3000-3200 rpm.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, just to be sure.. How do i adjust my timing then? Rotating the Dist?

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I've got the torque oriented Trick Flow setup and it made the most power (on the dyno) at 33 degrees all in. I went up to 36 without pinging but it made more power at 33.

You change the timing by turning the distributor.

To set base timing pull out the spout and check it at idle.

To set total timing leave the spout in and rev it to about 3000 rpm.

Total timing is what really matters since it is what the timing will be at when you're wide open.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you, which way do i turn it though? counter clockwise right?

·
Registered
100 Posts
clockwise for more timing, counter for less....I actually have mine at 18 base with no pinging :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
I hope your going to do this with a timing light and not just by turning the dizzy?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts