Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alrite i just ordered my trick flow heads i have an e303 cam for rite now dose anyone know what size of push rod i need i also have tfs 1.6 roller rockers

·
Registered
268 Posts
alrite i just ordered my trick flow heads i have an e303 cam for rite now dose anyone know what size of push rod i need i also have tfs 1.6 roller rockers
Everytime I asked this question (twice to be exact) people would tell me "it depends, because no two engines are exactly the same" and it would piss me off because it wasn't the type of answer I wanted.

Turns out it was the answer I needed. I would bet that the length you need is between 6.200 and 6.350", but the only way to know for sure is to get a push rod length checker. They're about 12 to 15 bucks. Get it, get the length right.

·
Registered
268 Posts
It's not hard to do, the checker is basically a push rod shaped object whose length can adjust. You measure the length that it has to be in order to make zero rocker lash and zero preload on the lifters and then add .030"-.040" to the length and that's what you need to order. Make sense?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts