Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im up for debate on a set of brodix st5.0 r's

or a set of trick flow 170's that flow 285 and 210 .... im trying to figure out which would be better for a 306?

anyone have any suggestions.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Before the flood of TFS TW suggestions...

The Brodix head is in the same class as the TW, so performance will be very similar. Both are excellent, it's just no one ever gets the Brodix because they just follow everyone right to the TW.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the trick flow's out flow the brodix.. but the brodix have raised exhaust ports... then again the trick flow have less valve angle....

trick flows without rockers with extrude honed = 1000

brodix with 1.6 roller rockers.. need to be milled got a little place in front of one head = 1000....

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Don't go on just flow numbers, they've both been tested (see if I can find the article) on the same exact engine and the power difference was close.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So which would u go with ???? victor jr with the bosses and elbow..

ed curtis custom grind cam

and either set of heads.. which would u suggest and ill buy em lol

·
Banned
7,170 Posts
what trick flow heads are you looking at? the 170 fast as cast heads do not flow that high. 251 and 193 @.600 and where you really have to look at flow #s are @ .400 where the valve spends half of its time. they are both very good heads. and as eagle stated lots of good heads out there!

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Where did you get those flow numbers for the TFS? What else did it flow down low? Also speak with Ed as he will have a bias towards a particular head that he makes his cams work even better with.

The Brodix are nice but are a standard inline head with a 185cc that moves some air.

·
Registered
13,138 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no im building a 363 ... starting on it.. im getting a top end together for my 306 for now....

i got the comp lifters gonna get ed curtis cam

i bought the brodix heads gonna have em milled and decked.. etc

got a victor jr spyder intake wilson elbow.

gonna go with 30 pound injectors and mass air meter.. i got full bolt ons gonna have it tuned hope it runs pretty decent..

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Your right Mark.....It is also difficult to buy a used head that someone else had ported or work done to it and see if it was factual and true.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i figured the brodix heads would be a good start im gonna have them ported and polished.

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
If you were going to port and polish them I would've gone with the TW.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
just wanting something diff ..im a firm trick flow person myself.. but always been a brodix fan .

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Touche' sir and good luck :bigthumbsup

1 - 17 of 17 Posts