gt40 intake p/p
70mm tb
73mm calibrated maf
24lb injectors
full roller rockers
msd coil & wires
egr delete
... i think thats it

will this cam work? any one report any drive-ability issues? this will be in a daily driver, that will see the track maybe twice a month.

Comp Cams Xtreme Energy XE270HR Stage II (this is the other cam i am considering)

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
The comp cam is a good one. but requires the use of 1.7 rockers PTV may be an issue but the rpm range matches your intake a little better.

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
The comp cam is a good one. but requires the use of 1.7 rockers PTV may be an issue but the rpm range matches your intake a little better.
.... Did I miss the memo?

I have never heard that in my life.

I have the TFS Stage 1 cam in my car right now (the p/n you listed)

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
.... Did I miss the memo?

I have never heard that in my life.

I have the TFS Stage 1 cam in my car right now (the p/n you listed)
That is my mistake. I was looking at the other XE270HR grind :dunce: There are the XE270HR-12 and XE270HR-14, I assume the "Stage II" is the XE270HR-12?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i believe it is the xe270hr-12... referring to 112 degrees lobe separation.
i didnt realize that the track max and the tfs stage1 were the same cam. honestly i never looked at the stage 1 because so many people run it and i wanted to be a bit different, but i really like the specs on it. if any one knows about piston valve clearance w/the comp please let me know

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
With the TFS Stage 1 and 1.6 rockers I am 99.5% confident you will be fine, but always check it. With that cam and 1.7 rockers I would still bet quite a bit of money you will be fine, but definitely check it.

I run that cam with 1.7 rockers, but I have Keith Black pistons. I have plenty of PVC and then some, but my pistons have bigger valve pockets. For the short 90mi I have driven the car with the TFS cam I like it, a lot more than the B303 I had before.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts