Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the term "Trim Line" means, I have ordered a 2010 Mustang and my saleperson is now saying that the car that is serialized is in "Trim Line" Status.

Thanks

Spanky

· Registered
33,356 Posts
Lets see if we can get you an answer in here.

· Registered
2,759 Posts
Does anyone know what the term "trim line" means?
At a barber shop it would be a line of men waiting for adjustments to their haircuts, although at a bordello they would probably be waiting in line for something else. Not sure what "trim line" status at an autombile plant is.

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses, I am going to continue to investigate it myself, I still have a scheduled delivery date of 7/6/09. So trim line must not be somthing that mustang's stay in very long

· Registered
137 Posts
I can only speak about the GM assembly plant that I worked at in Massachusetts...'73 - '89. Trim is between Paint and Chassie/final line. In order of production it's...Body shop - Paint - Soft trim ( seats,headliner etc ) - Hard trim (fender and door mouldings,rear view mirror, dash,glass etc ) - Spring & axle, chassie then Final line - Start-up, tranny test, shift through gears, front end adj, headlight adj, water leak & squeek & rattle test, final insp then on the truck or train...to the dealer....Aprox (3) 8hr shifts @ 1car per min...start to finish. There's a lot more that I left out, but that's the very basics of the assembly line as I knew it....I worked on the Paint line.

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank You for the information, It sounds like my mustang is rolling down the line. :D

· Registered
7,659 Posts
Well to me, the word "trim line" would imply the car is slated for its final trim work or the final step in production prior to the quality control and shipping. Seems to me, your car is just about to be shippe dout to you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.