Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to decide if I want these and how hard it would be to get the gauges in sync with my car. any help would be helpfull
thanks
Zach

·
Registered
883 Posts
What pod? Are you planning to drill the dash or run the wires thru the defrost vents?

Attachments

·
Registered
327 Posts
I am installing a dash pod from Shelby this Saturday for a customer. If the instructions are accurate, I don't think it will be a big deal. They lead me to believe that there is a void between the winshield and the dash pad that will allow snaking the harness through without drilling. I will let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I am installing a dash pod from Shelby this Saturday for a customer. If the instructions are accurate, I don't think it will be a big deal. They lead me to believe that there is a void between the winshield and the dash pad that will allow snaking the harness through without drilling. I will let you know how it goes.
I have the same pod,the void that they talk about you have to be a Magician to get the wires through.I ended with drilling a 1/2" hole on the dashboard,don't worry ,you can't see it it's under the pod.Good luck if you try it.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
ill be installing that pod too soon. let us know how it goes

·
Registered
633 Posts
whats all involved in hooking up the all the wires to read say like a/f dont you have to have some way of installing the sensor to the cats.how does all that work and how much do most places charge to hook up all that stuff.like say jrowledge if you dont mind how much does somthing like that do you chrage just ball park i know every one is probally diff for diff jobs.just wondering what kind of figure where looking at for us that would have to take it to somebody.thanks

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the info I guess I probally would have it drilled.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
for a/f...you gotta cut into your exhaust BEFORE your cats. weld a bung in, and connect the sensor. any exhaust shop should know how to do it. for a fuel pressure guage...go electric unless u want your car to smell like gas. boost guage...splice into a vaccum line. run power to everything....run your wires through your firewall, up your dash...and connect to the guages. from my understanding, i think thats about it

·
Registered
633 Posts
does anybody know about how much that cost if you have a muffler or a shop do it.has anybody paid to have this done.i would like to get some guages since i have a email tune to make sure it is right on.just a park bark.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
does anybody know about how much that cost if you have a muffler or a shop do it.has anybody paid to have this done.i would like to get some guages since i have a email tune to make sure it is right on.just a park bark.
What is a park bark? LOL!!

I'd say an exhaust shop would charge >$100 for something that simple.

·
Registered
327 Posts
We are looking at about 250.00 to install this unit, it has fuel pressure(electronic) oil pressure, boost. The void isn't tough to access, I twisted safety wire and left a loop and all of the pulled through with little effort with a second set of hands assisting. I am not quite done as the fuel rail pressure sensor relocation kit from Whipple didn't arrive Friday. The only thing I and the customer didn't care for, was about 2 1/2"s of wiring visible behind the pod. We both felt we were the only ones who would notice you have to be looking for it to see it.

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
What pod? Are you planning to drill the dash or run the wires thru the defrost vents?
hey graypony, got any more veiws of that cluster? i`m likin the looks of it, but the pillar pod is pretty cool too. does you guages tilt towards you a little or are they straight with the dash?

·
Registered
883 Posts
hey graypony, got any more veiws of that cluster? i`m likin the looks of it, but the pillar pod is pretty cool too. does you guages tilt towards you a little or are they straight with the dash?
Only pic I have ... the gauges are angled toward the driver

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.