Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so my family is over this past thursday and my uncle pulls up on this brandnew 09 triumph T100(looks like a chicks bike) parks right next to my car. he just bought it a week ago and is already talking about how he's race 4-5 ppl and owned them blah blah blah and i told him too bad he couldnt keep up with me jokingly and he gets all offended and starts telling me my 14 year old pos wold never take him. i highly doubt his bike is that fast. it sounds like my cousins gas scooter lol we would have raced that night but he had a few drinks and i wasnt going to go there. so i told him to meet me monday night after he gets off work and we will find out if his TRIUMPH can hang. i know its probably faster off the line but im almost positive i can catch him and pass it. also my uncle isnt the tinyest guy, he's about 5'8 220lbs lol thats why it looks so funny to see him on that bike

·
Registered
477 Posts
Thats good you didn't try it after having a few drinks. I think you would probably take him, not off the line though. Be careful out there and have fun:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
431 Posts
Good rule of thumb from someone who used to ride motorcyles pretty hard............don't go up against a bike unless it's like moped status!

·
Registered
914 Posts
chick bike!? the t100s and bonnevilles are the most bad ass bikes on the market right now they look almost identical to the one that steve mcqueen jumped over that fence in the great escape! but yeah when people challenge you with their bike its like you challenging a shopping cart its pointless unless youve modded your car to hell.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yeah bud the power to weight ration is so much better. Like my dad as a Iron Horse Slammer with a 124ci motor on a 400 pound bike. It would take one hell of a car to keep up. But if the bike is slow enough for you to beat him then more power to you.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you sure about the t100 boneville being fast? looks like a wimpy bike lol

·
Registered
431 Posts
Pretty good tool on HP to weight ratios.

Horsepower Design Equations Formulas Calculator - Power Weight Ratio

65 hp (T100 specs) doesn't sound like much but you gotta look at the amount of weight that those 65hp are pushing (451 lbs. dry + the rider).

You may have a chance but man if you loose............wouldn't want to have to deal with that ragging!

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
Let us know how this one turns out. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well were gonna wait till the weather around here clears up, its been raining on and off since thursday morning

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
what cc is that?most triumphs are actually dogs...even the 1000 cc compared to say a gsx-r 600....this should give you an idea if you might win or not
i ran a friends kawasaki 600cc (dont know exact model).we ran from a dig and he got me pretty bad off the line,but once 100 came up,i past him pretty fast.Let us know the turn out

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
lol.i looked up the bike.haha probaly puts down 45 to the wheels and 451+220 lb rider....power to weight ratio of 16.775.he will probaly have you until 60-70,but after that you'll pass that 60s wanna be bike.lol

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah i looked up the specs but couldnt find teh cc's but im guessing its about 250ish

·
Registered
431 Posts
It's close to 900cc bike with the hp I posted earlier.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well i guess it might be 900 cc but sure as hell doesnt run like it or look like it. coulda got a better faster bike for the money but it was light enough to beat me. last night we ran them and he was out from the whole time but not by a whole lot maybe 1 1/2-2 at the end. we shut down at around 80. i felt like if we had kept going maybe to 100 i would have been out front but he said he wasnt comfortable going that fast yet so i didnt push it

·
Registered
431 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
lol just order and S/c or turbo and be done with it :bigthumbsup

thats my vote! that or just throw a stick in between his wheels ;) oh wait hes family... darn it... inlaw??? :so

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hey im proud of how my car did...kindai mean that bike is still pretty lame and still looks like a womans bike and to top it off he bought a bright white helmet that looks very smillar to a bike cops. he just looks like a tard on that thing lol i told him i would have bought a yahmaha R1 or at least an R6:D

·
Registered
720 Posts
I think its going to be close. Honestly with an uncle in that physical condition I would suck it up and admit defeat. A man of that size may not be in the best condition to handle a bike and could put him in GRAVE danger. I would just say yes you can win. We can handle a blow out at 100, we can hit a deer or dog. They cant even hit a rock at 20 and theyre down.

For us healthier people we can recover from serious injuries but for people with stress on their body already sever injuires can cost them their lives. I couldnt handle the guilt. Sorry.

·
Registered
934 Posts
I dont think that is a 900cc's bike.

i mean no way a bike with 900cc's will have 65 hp.

for comparison look at Kawasaki Ninja ZX9R that was produced untill 2004 and it has a whopping 141HP !

So it was in fact a 900cc bike then you would get smoked so hard it would not be funny.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts