Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1994 mustang gt with the 5.0. i have been working on this spark issue for some time now. i installed a new computer today HOPING that was the problem since EVERYTHING else has been replaced and the problem continued.so installed the new comp.and the car fired right up top of the key.i let it run for about 3 minutes and as soon as i hit the gas it died and i can not get it started again.so i ran the koeo test and got the codes #564 ( fan control circuit failure ) and code#211 ( profile ignition pick-up circuit fault ) however my fan works and kicks on and off like its supposed just fine, and for the other code i dont see how that could be because i recently replaced the distributor twice thinking it was causing my spark problem.i have replaced EVERY single ignition part on the car twice just incase something was defective and replaced EVERY single sensor in my car twice just incase something was defective and went through ALL of the wiring in the car ( visually examining and fealing ) for breaks and bad spots. still the problem continues,can ANYONE PLEASE give me some help with this????

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
You most likely wasted money on a new computer. It's the ignition pickup that's the problem, there must be something wrong with the circuit if you've replaced the pickup twice.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok so here's what i did.i did another koeo test and cleared the stored memory,after doing so it fired right up so let it run to normal operating temp.then turned it of and restarted an ran the koeo test.no codes came up.shut it back off and let it cool down then ran another koeo test and the only code that came up was #111 ( passed ).so far its fired up every time and even goosing the throttle and all is good,FOR NOW lol.but this spark issue is interminten so it could be fixed or it could start acting up again.i'll find out i guess and if so i'll post what happens

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.