Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 89 rpms drop if i acclerate to fast between 1500 and 2000 but if i acclerate slowly and shift right at 1500 it runs fine i got a code 23 do i reset my base idle first or do i just adjust the tps oh by the way its a koeo code

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it idles between 600 700rpms and at times it will drop to 450 to 500 and it just started that a few days ago

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
Sounds more like a TPS problem.

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Sounds more like a TPS problem.
Code 23 is a TPS code. Out of self test range. In the link above it requires an adjustment of the TPS if its Out of range. I just like to cover all the bases. If his idle was set too low, it may have the TPS voltage out of range. He could possibly just raise the IDLE screw and Kill 2 birds with one stone(Idle problem and TPS code). But Im not sure. Thats why its easier to go through the whole process. For me anyways.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok the koeo code 23 is gone but i still got the rpm drop descibed earlier my koeo codes r as follows 67,85,29 and the koer codes r as follows 12,94,and 44 i dont have the smog pump 89 coupe said not to worry about the 94 and 44 the 67 and 85 i was told not to worry about so that leaves the koeo 29 and the 12 so which of these cld be causing my rpm drop which causes a jerk when driving

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
If its jerking while driving, Id also check the timing. Already answered your PM

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
14 shouldnt cause bucking, but if the balancer is off for some reason, who knows what it is.

Worry about the codes first,if it still jumps, we will go from there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.