Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i know its bad for the car and tires and everything but how come when i do a burn out in my 2007 V6 4.0L mustang only my back right wheel breaks lose, smokes, and leaves a mark on the street??? am i doing something wrong somehow? or am i missing that thing that redirects your hp when one wheel loses traction (i dont know why i cant recall what its called).. thanks :)

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
the V6's don't have an LSD so only one wheel spins

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is there a way to get both the wheels to spin or do i need the LSD?

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Change out your rear end :) and get some more power.

No offense but unless your at the track having fun (though you should not need to do a burn out with a V6 to hook up on a track you should not have any traction issues)

But back to the no offense I all ways kind of laugh at the guys in V6's who try to impress people by doing a burn out. I don't even do it in my car on the street. Enjoy your ride and take care of it. Holding down the break's to do a burn out is not good for your car.

For people who must do burn outs for the track invest in some line locks.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i dont do it to impress others just to have fun, and i know i havent done it more than twice i was just curious

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
arnt Side Show's big were you live too. Id be careful I heard the cops up there are REALLY strict.

Im scared just to rev my engine haha in public last time I did that I found out I my license suspended like 8 months ago because the DMV thought I didn't have insurance. That was a PAIN. All it took was a phone call to clear it up but it took me 6 months to get my license back. I had that paper one the DMV gives you but most bars laughed at me when I showed them that and most bars in CA wont take a military ID DAMN THE MAN lol

Sorry a lil off topic but just be careful I ruined a really nice truck when I was younger doing burn outs and stuff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.