Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a set of HID's in the wife Pony tonight, but I have a slight problem. The initial install went fine and the lights fired up. So I went about mounting the ballasts and pinning everything back together. Then I fired them up for the second time and the drivers side fog light does not fire. I pulled the power wire going into the light socket out and then plugged it back in. When I did this the bulb would fire for a second and a momentary buzz would come from the ballast and then no light. I think it's a bad ballast as I have triple checked all other connections. What do you guys think??:headscratch:
The one that does work looks pretty cool!!LOL;)

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I swapped the ballasts around and the same light is out so the ballast must be OK. Wiring or bulb? My bet is on the wiring. I must have a bad connection somewhere.:headscratch: I'll have to wait until tomorrow night to check it again.:so

·
Registered
710 Posts
I had a simular issue with mine. It was the ground. Make sure your ground wires have a clean connection.

Well I swapped the ballasts around and the same light is out so the ballast must be OK. Wiring or bulb? My bet is on the wiring. I must have a bad connection somewhere.:headscratch: I'll have to wait until tomorrow night to check it again.:so

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well after trying every possible configuration I've come to the conclusion that it's the bulb/wiring assembly that's defective. The company I ordered them from is shipping me out a new bulb/wiring harness.:bigthumbsup I'll try again next week.:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.