Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im kinda new to this forum... i hardly ever post anything but i see that many of you are very helpful to everyone. Hopefully u guys can help me with my pproblem

Well about two years ago i got 20 inch rims and falken tires on my car. I asked the guy at discount tire, if anything would change or if i would have to do something to ma car because of the size of the tires but he said no they will be fine. come to find out that i cant get my tires rotated because the front ones are bold from the inside. i have to get them replaced and then after get an alignment.

so i do all that, but the place where im gettin my alignment tells me that i need to buy some kind of camber plates because it wont adjust anymore. he did his best he could but he cant do a full alignment

i read another thread that another guy here had the same problem and some pple were suggesting camber bolts would do the trick.. that camber plates arent necessarily needed. so what do u think i should do and where can i get these things?

i found some parts here .. are these any good
J&M Mustang 4-Bolt Caster Camber Plates (05-10) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

Granatelli 05-07 Mustang Camber Adjustment Plates [GM-CP0507] - $150.99 : Performance Parts - Ford Mustang - Cobra - Dodge Viper - Chevy Corvette - C6 - LS1
zenid=8287c13a27c08b0f1dfc86458e4cafcb

Steeda Billet Camber Adjusters - '05-'10 Ford Mustang

BMR Camber Bolts 05+ Mustang [FC001] - $39.95 : Piedmont Modular Performance, Specializing in late model Mustangs

05-09 Camber Adjustment Bolts, Mustang, Fits All Models at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Only natural.

S197's have quite a lot of negative camber up front. Stand in front of it far enough back to see both tires. There is so much neg camber, you can see it very well. Unless you rotate the tires a couple of times a year, the fronts will wear out prematurely on the inside. It doesn't have all that much to do with the tires, except the wider they are the faster the wear will show up.
If your tires are wider than stock, you should probably cut 1500 to 2000 miles off your rotation cycle.

Camber plates are for people who road race and don't like to fly off the outside of a turn backwards at 100 mph. You can adjust them so you fly off the turn front first, that way you can see what you are going to hit.:D

Seriously, adjustable camber plates are good for the Mustang, in that they allow much more precise camber adjustments, but they won't cure premature tire wear completely.

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
Camber bolts will be fine. Almost all new cars have no camber adjustment from the factory.

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
my last for truck was bad like that with no adjustment. but there was a adjustable spacer part for it that really did the trick. i never knew how much flext the frt of these cars have until i installed the strut brace. if you do alot of cornering, that might help you too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
S197's have quite a lot of negative camber up front. Stand in front of it far enough back to see both tires. There is so much neg camber, you can see it very well. Unless you rotate the tires a couple of times a year, the fronts will wear out prematurely on the inside. It doesn't have all that much to do with the tires, except the wider they are the faster the wear will show up.
If your tires are wider than stock, you should probably cut 1500 to 2000 miles off your rotation cycle.

Camber plates are for people who road race and don't like to fly off the outside of a turn backwards at 100 mph. You can adjust them so you fly off the turn front first, that way you can see what you are going to hit.:D

Seriously, adjustable camber plates are good for the Mustang, in that they allow much more precise camber adjustments, but they won't cure premature tire wear completely.
well my tires are brand new, there is no premature wear.. but i dont do any of the 100 mph or race.... so should i get the camber bolts and if so which ones would be good out of the ones i listed or maybe any good ones u know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.