Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I had read that the 05/06 GT had a true 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust system. However, when I installed my Flowmasters this week, I noticed that the exaust pipe was flat on one side as it arched over the rear axle. It did not maintain its 2.5" diameter.

Did I read the specs wrong or could my 06 GT have a more restictive exhaust than advertised?

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
NrlyCajun said:
I thought I had read that the 05/06 GT had a true 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust system. However, when I installed my Flowmasters this week, I noticed that the exaust pipe was flat on one side as it arched over the rear axle. It did not maintain its 2.5" diameter.

Did I read the specs wrong or could my 06 GT have a more restictive exhaust than advertised?
LOL, you're right! They probably robbed you on a bit there... also is it 2.5 through the headers? Don't think so, the cats, prolly not...

It's a 2.5" system but that's the piping, I'm sure they coulda squeesed in 2.5" equal lengt headers to a straight 2.5" pipe and out on the side... :happyhapp Wrooom!

G

·
NrlyCajun said:

The flat spot does not hurt you according to my dyno results when I went to Borla cat backs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts